||JMW Settlements, Inc.
P.O. Box 55400
||Metairie, LA 70055-5400
Dick King is one of the pioneers in structured settlements in the Gulf Coast area. A Louisiana native , Dick accepted a position with the Humble Oil Company (now Exxon) in New Orleans before moving into private practice specializing in estate and employee benefits planning.
Always keenly interested in better ways of doing things, Dick was intrigued by the structured settlement concept and uniquely well positioned to spread the initial word about structures to attorneys on both sides of the aisle. Instrumental in persuading the Office of Risk Management for the State of Louisiana to adopt structures for the benefit of their claimants, Dick went on to develop a strong business in the energy and maritime sectors as well.
Associated with JMW for over 20 years, Dick's sense of humor and unfailing graciousness to his work, which has made him a distinct favorite of both clients and staff.
Areas of Practice
- Louisiana , Mississippi , Alabama, and South Texas
- Louisiana State Bar
- United States District Court
- JD, Tulane University
- BA, Tulane University
Memberships and Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- National Structured Settlements Trade Association
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors of Greater New Orleans
- Former President, New Orleans Estate Planning Council
- NASD Series 6 and 63
- Life and Health Insurance Agent
Civic & Charitable Activities
- Board of Commissioners, New Orleans City Park Improvement Association
- Board member, Metairie Club Gardens Association
- Former Commissioner, Old Metairie Neighborhood Conservation District
- Board Member, Friends of Jefferson the Beautiful